iMac Logic board compatability question

K

kaj

just wondering i have a iMac that has a damage logic board. The s/n XA03918AJVA the logic board i'm looking for is 661-2341. I haven't been successful in finding a cheap logic board replacement not even on ebay. My question is can i use another logic board maybe one with a slower CPU i saw a few on ebay for around $30 and would it be compatible with my the rest of the hardware including the memory that came with the original logic board?
Also, are the CPUs on all iMac embedded on the logic board? I just need to know so when ordering a new logic board i will know if i need to buy a CPU separately if needed. I removed the logic board on my iMac (3?) seems like the CPU is embedded. Some people advised me to buy a new iMac instead of going through all this trouble however i'm a PC tech guy and it's just in my nature to take things apart analize it and then put it back together again. :cool:

any input will be apreciated

k

OP
E

ecorbally

iMac G3 Hardware

Hi.
Don't know if you got any replies to your questions. I've been doing extensive work on a bunch of old G3's lately and am very familiar with hardware issues, compatibility, you name it. If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me. Regards, Eamonn

OP
Y

Y2K

ecorbally said:
Hi.
Don't know if you got any replies to your questions. I've been doing extensive work on a bunch of old G3's lately and am very familiar with hardware issues, compatibility, you name it. If I can be of any help please feel free to contact me. Regards, Eamonn

Hiya,
I'll get in touch with you soon. Thanks for replying.

kaj

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.