Eject Button Macbook

Reaction score
How long do you have to hold the eject button for a CD to come out? You would think you just have to hit it once and let go quickly, but it seems like you have to hold it down for a longer period of time. Is this just my computer or is the case on all macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You have to hold it for a little bit.
This is so the computer can differentiate between an actual desire to eject and an accidental keystroke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
You know what, Devilboy, I never really thought of why I had to do that! But yes, you just hold down the button until the "eject" sign shows up in the middle of your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
Just another one of the cool little thoughts that go into Apple products and make them great.

I also like that the caps lock key won't turn on unless you hold it for a split second. If you just tap it really fast, as I am prone to do when trying to hit the 'a' key, it doesn't come on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list
I also like that the caps lock key won't turn on unless you hold it for a split second. If you just tap it really fast, as I am prone to do when trying to hit the 'a' key, it doesn't come on.

Ha, thanks, at first I thought it was an issue with my keyboard and wasn't pressing the button hard enough :Oops: .... now to just hold it for that split second longer :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.