Boot Camp - Canceling in progress partition

Reaction score
I had a problem with blue screens in Windows, as well as a major malware infestation, and removed the windows partition in anticipation of reinstalling windows on a clean drive. I read up extensively on how to do this, as it is my first time installing windows on a macbook. The removal of the partition went clean and quickly.

Now I am trying to create a new partition on a single drive. I selected 32GB and it started to partition the disk. But the little blue bar has been stuck at around 1-3% for the last hour. I'd read this is a process that should take a few minutes to ten at the most.

Is there a non-destructive way to cancel the partition while in progress? Is there anything else I should do to check to see if there is a problem? Otherwise, I would just try again...

Thanks for any advice,

Neko.

OP
N
Reaction score
After waiting around two hours and no progress, I closed boot camp. Found there was a partition, deleted it and tried again and it worked. Doesn't seem to be any Mac OS damage. Now installing Windows.

Issue, as far as i know, is resolved. :D

Reaction score
Glad it worked out for you. From reading this forum over many months, it seems there is occasionally some weird, unexplainable juju that happens when we mix Windows with Macs ... it ain't nacherl ... :)

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.