Dual Displays

Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the best (and cheapest!) way to run dual monitors on the new Mac Pro (Nahelem)?

It came with a Nvidia GT120 512MB. Now would it be best to buy another one of these?

Or buy an ATI 256MB dual head card?

I mostly use Photoshop, so I don't mind if I downgrade to a 256MB card. But I would love to use my dual 22"s with it. Any suggestions for this?

Another quick question - is the Apple warranty on Mac Pro's worldwide? I can't seem to find a straight answer on this. I have read it was only on portable devices (e.g. iPods, macbooks) but read it may have changed. (And the Apple legal page is a nightmare! Haha..)

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the best (and cheapest!) way to run dual monitors on the new Mac Pro (Nahelem)?

I'm not sure of the best way, but I just bought the Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter and I'm running two monitors (22" and 19"). For $29 it's probably the cheapest.

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

Another quick question - is the Apple warranty on Mac Pro's worldwide?

Yes. At least it worked for me here in Brazil. I bought my MacPro in New York and the Sata controller died on the second week. The local Apple Service Center replaced it without cost, but it took a month for the new motherboard to arrive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.