mail applications - your experience

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask your experience regarding mail applications on MacBook.

Little background info:

I switched to Mac last November and had a lot of headache with transferring my mail data from PC. :Shouting: Finally I used Thunderbird as a platform where my former Outlook pst-s were transferred on PC and then loaded into a Thunderbird on Mac. So far I have been using Thunderbird on my MacBook (I was angry with Microsoft, so Entourage was not an option that time), but somehow I am not fully happy with it...

Now I am considering to switch to Mail, or to Entourage (or something else) but first I would like to know your experience (the pros and cons) to these applications. I have only POP3 mail accounts and have both Mail and Entourage already installed to my Mac. I am not planning to transfer the Thunderbird mails to the new platform, just have them remain in the old application.

Your comments are welcome!

rgds,

Pedro

Reaction score
I use Mail

I went through some stages of other Mail Apps but Apple Mail does everything I want at a quick & easy speed.

Reaction score
I'd use PostBox if it wasn't in beta. Mail works fine for me so far, I also tried Thunderbird but didn't find it as smooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Apple Mail.

Linking my Gmail account to Mail has been the easiest, and it's smooth, quick, and simple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.