is there a way to undo ALL of what I've done since I last turned it on?

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is not the proper board to post on, could not find an alternative. I was just editing a PDF for the last four days (it's a huge, multi-page PDF) and just finished this morning. I accidentally saved over all of my work with an older PDF of the same name (the unedited version). I am trying to figure out if there is a way to turn off my computer or undo ALL of what I've done since I last turned it on? I do not have time machine (as obviously that would be the solution). Am working on version 10.4.11. I truly hope i haven't lost all I've worked on! please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Nothing to do with Notebook Hardware.
Moved to software forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm sorry if this is not the proper board to post on, could not find an alternative. I was just editing a PDF for the last four days (it's a huge, multi-page PDF) and just finished this morning. I accidentally saved over all of my work with an older PDF of the same name (the unedited version). I am trying to figure out if there is a way to turn off my computer or undo ALL of what I've done since I last turned it on? I do not have time machine (as obviously that would be the solution). Am working on version 10.4.11. I truly hope i haven't lost all I've worked on! please help!!

This is a classic example of how Time Machine "could" have been a lifesaver. Unfortunately, you likely are SOL. You can't simply turn off the machine and "revert" it somehow. If the editing software you are using has an "Undo" feature of some sort, and it keep cached copies of prior saves to facilitate this, then you may be in luck. This all depends on what you are using and its features.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.