Mail 2.1.3 & Address Book

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 13-inch, 4Gb Ram, 250 HD with 1TB External, 16GB Iphone 3GS
Hey Guys.

I have a question about mail and address book.

is there anyway which will extract all my emails that are in my history? and put them into my address book automatically or do i have to do it all by hand?

have i worded this correctly? i hope it makes sense?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Seems to me rather than adding all emails from a mailbox you can right click - command click - on the From header and select Add to Address Book as you need to. If you need to deal with all the emails in the In Box Automator might be the way to go.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 13-inch, 4Gb Ram, 250 HD with 1TB External, 16GB Iphone 3GS
If you need to deal with all the emails in the In Box Automator might be the way to go.

Thats for the help. how does one do the above?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Run Automator and choose Finder - could be a bit different on Tiger - then with this

Click for full size -

Then drag next action from middle pane to the right to add next step. Try a simple one first or make up one to get the hang of it. There are a number of scripts available in the OS and probably heaps on line - Let me google that for you

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Collin.
Ill give it ago. i didnt even know this automator thing existed to now.

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.