Can I make back-up copies of install disks with DVD cloner?

Reaction score
Hey yal,
I was wondering if I could have unlimited installs of 10.4 if I used a disk cloner. There are very few original copies of 10.4 still out there and none of them are cheap. So I need to find an alternative method of having install disks ready incase I need them. HELP!
:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Not legal so not allowed to be discussed here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You could use Disk Utility to create an exact clone of the disks for back-up purposes, it is allowed, see section 2 C in the EULA

C. You may make one copy of the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code and other Apple firmware that is embedded or otherwise contained in Apple-labeled
hardware) in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the
original. Apple Boot ROM code and firmware is provided only for use on Apple-labeled hardware and you may not copy, modify or redistribute the Apple Boot ROM code or
firmware, or any portions thereof.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I was wondering if I could have unlimited installs of 10.4 if I used a disk cloner.
You can install OS X to the same machine a million times if you wanted but you can not use that copy of OS X and install it on more than one machine unless you have a license to do so (such as the Family Pack).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.