8hr battery usage

Reaction score
I have the new Macbook pro and I'm doing a little research to find out what the information on the battery life. My battery is fully charged and I used it to load CD's into i-tunes, I loaded 17 CD's in 2 hrs and 45 min before the 8hr battery maxed out. Has anyone gotten longer usage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The 8 hour usage claim can be achieved when surfing the web and doing similar tasks: light processor usage, zero disc drive access, occasional harddrive access.

Ripping a CD requires: a spinning cd drive (big power drain), constant harddrive access (moderate power drain) and a fair bit of CPU time (moderate power drain). So you can't expect 8 hours then. 3 hours is actually not bad under those circumstances.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Agreed. To quote Apple, "The length of time your battery will power your device depends on how you use it. For instance, watching a DVD will use up your notebook battery’s power more quickly than simple word processing." You might want to read this page about Apple's notebook batteries.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
Agreed. To quote Apple, "The length of time your battery will power your device depends on how you use it. For instance, watching a DVD will use up your notebook battery’s power more quickly than simple word processing." You might want to read this page about Apple's notebook batteries.
And I'm sure that if you keep the device in sleep mode constantly, the battery may last for a whole week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.