electric shock from macbook trackpad?

Reaction score
can it be?
i think i got a small shocks from my macbook trackpad...
it didnt hurt and only lasts a second.

im working on battery so its weird..

thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Static? What sort of carpet have you got, socks on?

OP
S
Reaction score
i think it was static.
no socks no carpet.
i only felt it in my finger,not the entire body.

can be related to dogs hair? i have quite alot of it here...

*macbook unibody btw

Reaction score
I have the same problem!!!!!!!

I don't know if i have to bring the macbook to apple service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you do some hunting around there is other reports of same deal. Had used my MBP for months and was helping friend with her MBP which was giving her shocks. So i said use mine as it is Ok - she got a shock off mine. So with playing around i could get a shock off mine if i took my shoes and socks off and put bare foot on flagstone, but her machine was a bit worse. Quick fix - put a rubber mat under your feet. As far as i could find it was a design issue and more of a concern to sensitive persons - guess that made me insensitive.

Reaction score
i'm lying on the bed right now, with the macbook unplugged.

It's not static, clearly.

I don't care the shock (it's minimal) but i fear there is a bad contact inside.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
i'm lying on the bed right now, with the macbook unplugged.

Well i your case it sounds like u should be taking it up with Apple - phone them and at least get the complaint registered in the system.

Reaction score
can it be?
i think i got a small shocks from my macbook trackpad...
it didnt hurt and only lasts a second.

im working on battery so its weird..

thx

I've had this issue with the magic mouse & the magic trackpad as well, which both work on batteries. My wife doesn't have any problem. So I guess it's a question of personal sensitivity to small electric currents: both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad work because a little amount of electric current goes through your fingers.

To solve the problem, I've put two layers of plastic protections on my trackpad (those that are normally used to protect ipod screens), and I also desactivated the option "touch to click". So far, it works well for me.

If you only have shocks coming from your trackpad, you might try this solution. If it happens with other parts of your computer, then it's another problem: you should ground it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.