How can I make my mac run software meant for Windows

Reaction score
...so much conflicting information on Google and I need clarity.

How can I make my mac run software meant for Windows?

Is there some kind of patch/solution available?

Any help gratefully received...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, Acer second display 1TB Iomega HD, iPad 32GB wifi, iphone 4, sprint overdrive
You can run thru boot camp. And/or will need to install something like Parallels or VMWare. This will allow you to run a virtual windows machine along with MacOSX.

Reaction score
DarWINE and CrossOver are Windows emulators that you can install Windows applications on. These do not require a Windows OS license.

With the other options -- Boot Camp, Parallels, VMWare and VirtualBox -- you install the full-blown Windows OS on the Mac, either in a separate boot partition, or on a virtual machine running under OS X. For these, you will need a legitimate Windows license to install the Windows OS on the Mac.

Which kinds of Windows apps are you interested in running? Some of them run quite well in DarWINE and CrossOver, and others don't.

OP
F
Reaction score
Im trying to run some betting software from Betfair trading software - will crossover enable me to download and install?
really appreciate your help!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It could and it could very well not. Check here for a list of apps and their compatibility with Crossover. While this list is a good place to start, just because something isn't listed here doesn't mean that it won't work.

Note: Emulators can be tricky and depending on how the application is built, certain parts may work and certain parts may not. It would be best to test it thoroughly before any serious use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.