CD Burning issue

Reaction score
I am unable to burn a disc anymore, Using Itunes it starts to burn then I get the following Error
"The attempt to burn a disc failed. The burn failed because of a medium write error).
I used a CD Cleaner thinking that maybe dust had got on on the lens, but it did not help.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM71.007A.B03
SMC Version: 1.20f4

The drive is a
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-85J:

Model: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-85J
Revision: FM0S
Serial Number:
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal
Low Power Polling: Yes

Using ITunes 8.2

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you tried different media?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
If different discs and cleaning don't work, then I would say the disc burner has died.

Reaction score
Hi

I think that I can help with this. I had exactly the same problem and chucked away a number of disks, changed the media as has already been suggested all to no avail....

When going through the burn process, one of the drop down windows generally defaults to 'Best' for recording speed. It's a misleading title, because it doesn't actually mean best. It means fastest! This seems to result in the error you mention. Simply changed this to 4X speed. I think you'll find that you'll find that this will eliminate the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers M

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi

I think that I can help with this. I had exactly the same problem and chucked away a number of disks, changed the media as has already been suggested all to no avail....

When going through the burn process, one of the drop down windows generally defaults to 'Best' for recording speed. It's a misleading title, because it doesn't actually mean best. It means fastest! This seems to result in the error you mention. Simply changed this to 4X speed. I think you'll find that you'll find that this will eliminate the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers M

I owe you a 6 pack, fixed the problem, thanks much.:)

Don

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.