Mail not working!

Reaction score
I've had my Macbook for about 9 months now, and when I first got it, the mail worked fine. Then for personal reasons, I had to change my email (gmail) and it didn't work. I have a feeling it has something to do with the server thingy, is Gmail POP? I'm sorry, I know I sound stupid. If you could help me out, that would be great! :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Hello there. You may have gotten some kind of setting wrong. When you set up your account, did you check a box anywhere for SSL (or Secure Socket Layers)? GMail requires this to work properly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've had my Macbook for about 9 months now, and when I first got it, the mail worked fine. Then for personal reasons, I had to change my email (gmail) and it didn't work. I have a feeling it has something to do with the server thingy, is Gmail POP? I'm sorry, I know I sound stupid. If you could help me out, that would be great! :Smirk:

Gmail is both POP and iMap. If you look on the Google site they have instructions on how to setup GMail to work with Mac Mail. It's really very easy. Follow the instructions given here.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Nothing to do with Notebook Hardware.
Moving to software forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.