Clearing my iTunes Cache

Reaction score
A month or so ago the speakers on my macbook pro started to crack as if I had popped the tweeters in them. They still played music/sound effects but sounded as if the speakers were popped.

I took it in the the genius bar and all they did was clear my itunes cache and the speakers sounded great again.

My question is this- How do I clear my iTunes cache?

I'd rather not make another genius bar appointment.

Anyone know how to do this??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't use iTunes but the cache should be in one of these three places:

/System/Library/Caches/

/Library/Caches

/Users/your user name/Library/Caches

Look for the iTunes file description. Make a backup copy of the file and save it to your desktop. Then delete it.

The one you're looking for is probably the cache under your user name, you might want to go there first.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
I don't use iTunes but the cache should be in one of these three places:

/System/Library/Caches/

/Library/Caches

/Users/your user name/Library/Caches

Look for the iTunes file description. Make a backup copy of the file and save it to your desktop. Then delete it.

The one you're looking for is probably the cache under your user name, you might want to go there first.

Regards.

not in any of those places. Anyone else???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.