OS3 Video Camera

Reaction score
Does the video camera and compass come with the new 3.0 release? Or is it just for the 3gs? I've downloaded OS3 and haven't been able to find these features. Only thing new is the cut & paste and searchlight. Anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06GHz, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM; MBP 15" 2.53 GHz
Does the video camera and compass come with the new 3.0 release? Or is it just for the 3gs? I've downloaded OS3 and haven't been able to find these features. Only thing new is the cut & paste and searchlight. Anyone else noticed this?

Just with the 3GS. I'd guess that there is a hardware change associated with these new features, as well as the OS changes.

kj0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | iMac | iPhone | iPod | eMac
Apparently they can't just do a simple software upgrade to change the Camera to a Video camera, it is apparently something hardware, (So I am told). As for Compass, you need to have a 3GS as this has the Magnometre in it, Which I think is probably just the accelerometre, but non the less.. These features are not available on the 3G or original.

Also, I noticed when you jailbreak your phone you do have video camera available, (back on os2.1) You would think that if you could take photo's and move your camera around, all they would need to do is add a record funtion.

Reaction score
they can easily add the functionality of a video camera with an app, cause if u jailbreak your phone u can get an app for that. So it can be done they just dont want 2 do it for some reason. But video recorder and voice commands isn't worth me paying $100 more so I guess ill go without.

kj0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | iMac | iPhone | iPod | eMac
But video recorder and voice commands isn't worth me paying $100 more so I guess ill go without.

Hopefully they will realise this by OS4. It's kind of a stupid Tactic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook aluminium 2,4ghz 2gb ram 250gb hdd and enlightened keyboard
mac is always making tactics... always giving a bit less, so the next thing you gotta buy is better!! grrr

Reaction score
the jailbroken vid makers all suck sorry to say. The best one i have seen only does 19 fps while the human eye won't notices frames on average is 22-25. The GS does 30 fps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.