wont connect to the internet

Reaction score
i have a imac and its connected to my wlan via airport, my security is wpa.
the imac will connect to the network but not to the internet does anybody know hwat to do?

OP
S
Reaction score
help my imac wont connect to the internet!

i have a imac and its connected to my wlan via airport, my security is wpa.
the imac will connect to the network but not to the internet does anybody know hwat to do?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
**** Duplicate threads combined. Please do not CrossPost the same message in multiple threads. ****

It sounds like the iMac is not getting an IP Address. If you look in Network and Airport what IP Address is showing?

Are you sure you are entering the WPA Key correctly? What WiFi Router are you using?

T

todd51

My MBP did this exact same thing when we got a new Linksys router. I went into the router settings through the IP address. I noticed the channel was set to "Auto" configuration so I switched it to Manual and put it on channel 6. After doing this the Mac was able to get the Internet just fine.

OP
S
Reaction score
i've changed the channel to 6 and still no joy and there is an ip address there but i dont know if its correct or not

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I asked what the IP was? Can you post what is showing under IP Address where I told you to look?

is it 169.x.x.x?? 192.168.0.x?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.