Mail Not Working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 350 GB HD, Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6
Tried putting in several of my email addresses and it would not work. I am stuck on that one.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You didn't provide much info to go on. I'm assuming you're referring to Mac Mail not working? What exactly is not working? Tell us what you have already tried in order to fix the problem. Post back and we can go from there.

Regards.

OP
imaclori73
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes Mac Mail- Yahoo does not work, but Gmail does.

I input my name, email address and password, then I hit create and I get this "trying to log into mail server "plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com" failed. Then it says it may require an additional fee for Yahoo POP access.

BUT I just tried my Gmail account and it worked!!

OP
imaclori73
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But....Yahoo is my main account. So I guess I will go to yahoo and see if they have any information on it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since GMail is working OK, it's probably a matter of redoing the Yahoo account. Delete the account from Mac Mail and then create it again as a new account. Make sure you have the address info as given by Yahoo: SMTP, POP3, and so forth. I'm not sure if Yahoo Mail does iMap (it should) but if it does, you can follow their directions on how to set that up with Mac Mail.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Nothing to do with Desktop Hardware.
Moving to software forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.