my internet wasn't working, other computers are fine

Reaction score
So Thursday afternoon after school, i go onto my computer and i had realized my internet wasn't working, all my families computers were working fine, i changed ethernet cables, nothing happened, my mom has a mac and the internet is fine. I went into Network settings in System Preferences and i went into network assistant and i chose "Ethernet Cable" and my internet has worked for a couple of seconds, i went back and did it again, and it went to internal modem, so i kept doing it, and it kept reseting to internal modem, its hard to explain. Im using my five seconds of time to ask for help here, how do you reset your network settings?, is my computer screwed?

Thanks,
Mick.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you tried a different network cable?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, and if i choose a new location, i have internet fpr 5 seconds and then it claps out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Try resetting your PRAM (reboot and hold down Command Option PR at the same time BEFORE the chime).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Mick - to get help you need to be specific - all my families computers - is not telling us anything. My guess - your computer is not screwed but someone needs to sort the settings on your LAN. Who set up your Mums computer, get them to sort the settings and remove the conflict/s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.