Looking for part number, top case (and Spain keyboard)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white) 2GHz core duo, 1,25GB
Hi, this is my first post so please bear with me...

I am about to purchase a 13"pro, but really want/need a Spain Spanish keyboard. Last time I purchased my macbook in Spain in order to have this. Now I am really reluctant to spend the hundreds extra thanks to the currency echange rates.

I called Apple, have asked over the years, and have googled about changing the top case and keyboard. I know it can be done.
The problem is that I have been unable to find the proper part number. The lady at Apple whom I just spoke to could only find numbers for Swiss and some others, but not Spain Spanish. So, she wouldn't give me any number even for the other languages.
I spoke to welovemacs and they responded with the wrong part, for the old white macbooks not the brand new aluminum. Although a rep is supposed to be calling me back today about the proper one.

It has been harder to look up since I have no serial number yet.

Does anyone know the top case part number (any keyboard layout) of the 13" pro?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am about to purchase a 13"pro, but really want/need a Spain Spanish keyboard. Last time I purchased my macbook in Spain in order to have this. Now I am really reluctant to spend the hundreds extra thanks to the currency echange rates.

I wish you the best in finding a Spanish keyboard and top case for a new 13" MBP. However, you should consider that it may in fact cost you as much or more to replace the top case and keyboard then it would if you spent the extra money to purchase the machine in Spain.

And there is always the danger of messing up or damaging a brand new machine during the process. That would definitely void your warranty.

Regards.

OP
alba-ny
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you chscag.

I have an authorised repair place that will charge 200$ to replace the part. I have been hearing between 60 and 200$ for the part itself. It is less than the euro price will run me, and that is not including either shipping and possible taxes, or airfare. I have been calculating and comparing the costs.

The authorised place would not ruin my warrenty or presumably mess anyhting up... I am not the type that would try toying with it myself.

OP
alba-ny
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...And answering my own question...

I tried calling Apple again on a whim. I Finally was conected to people willing ot take extra time helping! I have the official part number :D

For Spain it is S661-5223
The letter(s) in front designate regions, and for the record Latin American Spanish has the code of WS.

After all my googling and calling I feel dumb to have posted here and then found the answer so quickly. I hope it will help others though, because I have seen there are other people that have this question sometimes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.