MMS messages not available til summer.. Another reason to not buy 3Gs yet

Reaction score
So funny but maybe many pple don't know that they won't b able to send pic and videos via text message later this summer or whenever AT&T decide to build MMS for iPhone..maybe I wasn't informed but in the adv they never said this,they always said u can now send pics and video through text message,so my question is why such a rush in having this product when all features are not available 100%,honestly I'm desaponted with this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
So funny but maybe many pple don't know that they won't b able to send pic and videos via text message later this summer or whenever AT&T decide to build MMS for iPhone..maybe I wasn't informed but in the adv they never said this,they always said u can now send pics and video through text message,so my question is why such a rush in having this product when all features are not available 100%,honestly I'm desaponted with this

Apple's website has had the disclaimer on their site since the announcement of the 3GS and 3.0 OS. They might have displayed it at the bottom of the iPhone commercials, but no one really pays attention to that, if it's even legible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

When they introduced the new iPhone, they provided a list of carriers across the WORLD who would be supporting MMS on launch day. AT&T wasn't on that list. Blame AT&T... not Apple. Just because their US partner isn't ready doesn't mean Apple should penalize the whole world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It's kind of like those car advertisements...

50% off ALL Dodge vehicles!!! *

*except Viper SRT-10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
We have this enabled here in the UK. However I will never use it - such and old requirement. Hasn't everyone got an email address by now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yes, but not everybody checks their email on their phone.

Yes, it's stupid that MMS isn't ready to go on AT&T, but again, that's not Apple's fault. It's not a reason not to buy a 3GS or to hold off on buying one, especially if you're coming from a first gen iPhone where the upgrade is huge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
We have this enabled here in the UK. However I will never use it - such and old requirement. Hasn't everyone got an email address by now?

I said exactly the same thing when I went from my old Orange SPV smart phone that did do MMS to the first gen iPhone..

No one ever sent me a picture message when I had the phone that could receive them and as soon as I got my iPhone people started sending them to me! Sod's law I tell you!

I can see MMS having some use for sending images/media to people who haven't caught onto the idea of e-mail from a smart phone yet, and of course those not fortunate enough to have a smart phone that can receive e-mail.

OP
S
Reaction score
Those who have 3g like me i dont recommend to buy it,the voice command really sucks and i was trying to call my house and it recognized anything but my house or i tried to play an artist and couldnt find it,the cam is not much a difference and doesnt even has flash yet( i know that never says it woull),a basic thing that any other phone has,honestly it was a totally waste of money and im very dessapointed cause i was coming off my 3G.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I can see MMS having some use for sending images/media to people who haven't caught onto the idea of e-mail from a smart phone yet, and of course those not fortunate enough to have a smart phone that can receive e-mail.

This is particularly true for teens and twenties. I mean, how would they share all those late night "special" photos otherwise. Texts are easy to get rid of, e-mail leaves more of a trace.

Or so I am told...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those who have 3g like me i dont recommend to buy it,the voice command really sucks and i was trying to call my house and it recognized anything but my house or i tried to play an artist and couldnt find it,the cam is not much a difference and doesnt even has flash yet( i know that never says it woull),a basic thing that any other phone has,honestly it was a totally waste of money and im very dessapointed cause i was coming off my 3G.

Actually the voice command is amazing. My wife and I both love it already. It works incredibly well once you train yourself to speak clearly and not tooo fast, or too slowly for that matter.

Reaction score
I just don't think voice command is worth the upgrade for me. I'm still in my 30 days with the 3g so I can go and change it but just don't think voice command is worth $100 and the phone is fast enough for me. So I think ill save my money and buy something else. Like maybe finally get my screen on my macbook fixed. Just one thing that makes me consider it is the video recorder but I can get cheaper camcorder than that off of ebay if I need it that bad, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
I too think the voice command is amazing - I have a Welsh accent and it picks up everything I say!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
The release of 3.o without the MMS woking was a mistake... i love my Iphone but they could of waitied a little longer... especially knowing how apple fans are... knowing other users can use MMS becuase of the carrier they have...

I will be happy when I never get that ATT message with that ridiculous username and password that hardly ever works and when it does you get to see a tiny thumbnail pic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The release of 3.o without the MMS woking was a mistake... i love my Iphone but they could of waitied a little longer... especially knowing how apple fans are... knowing other users can use MMS becuase of the carrier they have...

MMS works under 3.0.... it's just that AT&T doesn't support it yet. Do you really think Apple should hold back software updates to suit the U.S.A. audience when the rest of the world is ready? Besides, if MMS wasn't working under 2.x, what difference does it make that AT&T isn't supporting it yet under 3.0? Seriously... this makes absolutely no sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I agree. 3.0 was announced months ago, and AT&T knew about it. Still, they continue to disappoint and offer no explanation for it. Just, "We'll have it ready at the end of summer"

I can't wait until Apple's contract with AT&T is over and they move on to a better company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
I agree... AT&T dropped the ball. Before they used to pride themselves on having the best most advanced network, which is why Apple originally chose AT&T to launch iPhone with...

But on something like iPhone 3GS and OS 3.0, How can you not support MMS? Don't other phones support it? How hard can it be to change some code in the network to allow it for one phone? In addition to that, AT&T's network isn't even a 7.2 Mbps network, again another feature of the iPhone 3GS that it can't meet.

I was surprised how much Rogers went through to prep for the iPhone 3GS Launch. They specifically revamped the network to support MMS for iPhone and also only one month before the HTC Dream launch (which was early June if I recall correctly) brought their 7.2 Mbps 3.5G network online. Not to mention including tethering at no additional cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
But, doesn't AT&T offer it for other phones, just not the iPhone?

So, why is it so hard for them to offer it to the iPhone?

OP
S
Reaction score
I agree,why at&t dont have it only for iphones and like somebody says its a shame apple chose the worst company,when is it that the contract will be expiring? also there was rumors that verizon was gonna take the iphone,i will be so happy to see how many pple will leave at&t

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
lol i really hope that Verizon doesn't take the iphone because in my area there service is terrible and i still want my iphone!

In my opinion i don't think MMS is such old technology that nobody uses it. A lot of people still use it because its much easier to just plug a pic or whatever into someone phone number rather then making sure you have a email address for every contact in your phone. It just adds another thing that you have to make sure to have for everyone and can be a little more difficult to acquire in most cases. Alot of my family and friends send MMS to me all the time and when ever i have something to send i think i actually have an email addy for that specific person about 5% of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is hack out there, the instructions for which have been posted on M-F, that allows you to do MMS now. It requires you to have another MMS capable AT&T phone to complete.

The current MMS limitation is neither the fault of Apple NOR the fault of AT&Ts network but is instead an issue of red tape, priorities and poor customer service on the part of AT&T.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.