MMS messages not available til summer.. Another reason to not buy 3Gs yet

Reaction score
I am sorry to say. Not buying a phone because of MMS, isn't worth it. Every phone has their Peeves about features. It will be there. Not like they are indefinitely not going to have MMS. So you have to wait a few months, the world isn't going to end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
Any word on the release of MMS by AT&T? I know they say late summer. What is late summer? End of August?

Reaction score
Have you guys ever thought. Apple could have pushed the date for 3.0 release, and 3GS 2 months in advance, and AT&T got left high and dry? Remember the Pre came out in May. I am sorry but sure maybe the Euro networks had an easier time than AT&T rolling out MMS features. Europe has a lot smaller network area, and customer base to deal with than AT&T does. I have to add. I don't work for AT&T or anything, but seems like everyone isn't using all of the facts. Remember a lot of people are complaining about the 3.0 update on how terrible the battery life is, and various other problems. Now almost two months later 3.1 is coming out.

Reaction score
MMS works great on my iPhone here in the US. Of course, I'm using T Mobile :D

Seriously though, This is AT&T's bad, not Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm thinking they meant 3.0.1.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
I just thought I'd like to let everyone know, MMS and tethering is working great here in Canada ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Not to mention including tethering at no additional cost.

Hmm not quite. I heard that tethering isn't available unless you have at least a 1GB data plan. I'm with Fido (same as Rogers but cheaper) and chose a plan that included 512MB of data (which honestly is enough). So in my case I wasn't allowed to tether unless I pay an additional $25 a month or so for extra data.
Screw that.
I did "something" that now allows me to tether on my 512MB plan. It's pretty great ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a tethering hack out there, quite easy to do but only works on Macs. I've done it and my phone tethers fine. Now if only I could get my iBook G4 to tether to it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've had MMS on my iPhone since a few days after the keynote. I occasionally have problems, but works most of the time.

I'm not going to tell you how I did it, and I'm not going to help you do it, so don't bother asking.

Reaction score
Yes, when? And, where did you hear this?

You guys just don't find it convenient at the fact 3.1 beta 1 came about 1 week AFTER the 3GS, and 3.0 release? All the issues with the 3.0 and 3GS? Come on stop drinking all the cool-aid. The bugs out of the box are so not "Apple" like quality, and things that missed they wouldn't have missed. 3.1B3 is out now and watch when MMS goes live from AT&T 3.1 will be released a few days before or on that day. I will bet my MBP on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I've had MMS on my iPhone since a few days after the keynote. I occasionally have problems, but works most of the time.

I'm not going to tell you how I did it, and I'm not going to help you do it, so don't bother asking.
Than why bother posting it?:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Than why bother posting it?:Not-Amused:

If you know how to use the internet, you should be able to figure out how to do it yourself. I'm just telling you it is possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

The hack to do this has already been posted here on M-F. It's not a secret.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.