web based games on Mac

Reaction score
Does anybody know if web-based games can make your computer run hard? I bought a macbook a couple of months ago and it has been running great so far. I started playing Evony, which is a web-based game which doesn't require any downloads and after a while of playing my fan starts to blow hard and I guess the computer is running too hot.

I was thinking that if the game is not saving anything onto my computer then it wouldn't overwork it. Am I wrong to assume this?

T

todd51

Is that a Flash game I'm assuming? Any time I run flash video through a website my computer starts to run hot also, but the fans kick in so I'm not too worried about it. Flash just really makes the CPU work hard I believe.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
todd51 is correct. Streaming video, flash games, etc. will tax the CPU and GPU which in turn will cause heat buildup and the fans to increase RPM. All very normal. Buy a good notebook stand for your MacBook. A stand allows air to flow under and around the machine more easily and additionally provides some protection from nasty spills.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.