iTunes: The Device Drained its buffer...

C

code777

Well my first time burning an audio CD on my Imac I get the following error msg:

The Device drained its buffer w/o burn underrun protection.

I have 768MB RAM and was not running any apps while burning was taking place. The CD spit out yet when I put it into my Car CD player it plays the songs I wanted to burn!? So it did burn the music to CD-R but why did I get this error msg?

Shall I re-set some prefs in iTunes???

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the thing about burning cds in itunes is you cant enable buffer underrun prevention, though in toast you can.try burning at a slower speed.

OP
C

code777

Macman said:
the thing about burning cds in itunes is you cant enable buffer underrun prevention, though in toast you can.try burning at a slower speed.

when u say slower speed what speed do you suggest, i noticed in prefs. its set at "fastest" and not at any number. thanks!!!

[edit] by the way, i listened to my CD and there is a song where it skips so it sounds like something went wrong during the burn. Oh well. I have burned a few cds on my iBook w/o this error msg... hmmmm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
well, use a sppeed 2 or 3 less than your burners max, like if it burns at 52 x, try a high 30 something or low 40.

OP
C

code777

i see, imac is 24x max i think for cd-r ; for cd-rw its 16x max. Oh well I'll see what happens if i choose a lower speed...

as i was looking at the Advanced Tab under prefs. what about changing the streaming buffer size to large? would this help as well?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.