iPhone OS3 Shake to Shuffle not great!

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to having shake to shuffle on my iphone however I have found that to use this feature whilst listening to my music I have to take the phone out of standby, unlock the keys, select the ipod and then I can shake to shuffle. BY the time you have done all of that it's just as easy to to press the skip button. Wouldn't it have made more sense to work whilst phone is in standby (ie screen switched off but phone running). If anyone is about to say what about accidental shuffling well if you run with your phone you can switch the feature off. I was really disappointed with this as I often want to skip songs whilst walking to work. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
totally agree, there's no point in it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Agreed - seems really cool until you realise this 99% limitation on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I've noticed that as well. They really should have made it an option to use while the phone is locked, otherwise what is the point?

Reaction score
It does work while it's locked. I believe you have to have the iPod open before it's locked, and not at the home screen iirc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
It does work while it's locked. I believe you have to have the iPod open before it's locked, and not at the home screen iirc.

Not on my iPhone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz

I just tried it on my 3GS and it does not work.

If the phone is locked and you double tap the the home button to bring up the iPod controls, the shake to shuffle does come up, so I guess it can still be somewhat useful.

Reaction score
Errr... I don't want to be rude but... What do you do to take control of your music when the iPhone/iTouch is locked? You've got 3 chances... :p

Reaction score
Ok I'll help you... Press the home button two times ,and... Use the control you want... DUMBASSES!!! XD Haha sorry! I just tought it was funny none of you tought about it! :p It's so obvious! XD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.