• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What have you bought lately?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I need a new iPod. I might buy one today. My current one is jacked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.1GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD.
PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller and a new set of speakers for car.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Are you going for a Touch or Classic? Nano?

Classic. 120GB. It's just for my car. I have sold my jetta for a pathfinder and I was using a tape adapter in the jetta. The pathfinder only had a CD player so I bought a Kenwood DDX714 so I could use the ipod with it. :D

But the bottom connection is messed up where it only comes through the left speakers unless it's held at one very precise spot.

I have an iphone, but it's annoying to have it in the glove box and connected when I get a call or text. I have to blue tooth hook up, but mainly me and my friends text so it's no help.

But it lives in the glove box, so there's no need for a touch and the current one has about 30gb's of music on it, so a nano or touch wouldn't quite work.

I bought coffee, bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning.

I should be getting my bike on Friday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Are you going for a Touch or Classic? Nano?

PS3 Dualshock 3 Controller and a new set of speakers for car.

Buying system peripherals sucks anymore. $60 USD for a controller? $100 for the Xbox 360's wireless usb connection?

If you can, check out half.com. It's part of e-bay and they have set prices on everything. I got 3 PS3 games and a PS2 game for about $60.

You're in UK, so I'm not sure if they have a UK site, since it is e-bay, but everyone else that wants books, games, movies, etc... without bothering with auctions should check it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
ive bought a few things -

8 t-shirts each roughly $50 each
Beats By Dre headphone (amazing recommend to anyone)
New Air Force 1 trainers/Sneakers
4 AAA rechargeable batteries for the Beats
2 Pairs of 3 quarter length shorts for the summer
A haircut about an hour ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I've been after a decent BT mouse for my MBP for a LONG time now. This looks like it could be a winner. Should be here by the end of the week.
Hmm let me know how it holds up, I am currently using a mx620 for both my my mac (freaking love that mouse!) but I would like a fairly decent one for my laptop, and I can't stand the small sized mice because I got big fat hands.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've had a V470 for about a year and a half now. I'd imagine the M555 would last about the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
Any suggestions on a hard drive? I'm thinking a Seagate or WD with a speed of 7200rpm. That combined with Snow Leopard this fall will make it seem like a brand new machine! :)

Or at least I'm hoping.

I'm gonna be installing a Seagate 7200 tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for reminding me btw, I wanna compare boot time differences. Time to restart my Mac now.. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Package deal, was pretty cheap so I couldn't resist to upgrade a slower PC around here.....

AMD Athlon 2X 7750 Black Edition
Asus M2N68 AM SE2 motherboard
OCZ Value line 4Gb DDR2 800
320Gb Western Digital SATA2 HD
18 inch mid tower case with 500 watt real power supply and on the used market I snapped up a GeForce 7950 GX2 video card for the rig (SLI setup for a single slot)

Total cost not including monitor, $350 Canadian bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
It was a few months back, but 30" monitor. Now I just need a computer for it :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.