3.0 Update Killed Safari (Internet Browsing)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2008 Unibody, 8GB Ram, 10.6.8.
OK what's going on - I just updated my iPhone 3G Pay as you Go on O2 to 3.0 it installed OK and said it was ready, however I can no longer get onto the internet or download Emails using BT Yahoo either using cellular data or Wifi.

When i switch of Wifi and use cellular it say: "Could not activate cellular data network: you are not subscribed to a cellular data service. If i switch on Wifi and join my home network it says "Cannot of Page" Safari could not open the page because it is not connected to the internet" This warning message does not stay on the screen long enough to read.

Any ideas what's going on?

The only thing changed since I bought my phone is that I have ported over my old Orange telephone number to O2 but it has up to now been working fine.

Please help

OP
JonnyAlpha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2008 Unibody, 8GB Ram, 10.6.8.
Ah, just did another search and found this.

Settings - iPhone

It seems that installing the 3.0 software buggers up the APN settings for cellular data (also affects wifi somehow) and MMS.

I also noticed whilst searching this new page:

Pay & Go

It states the following:

When you buy a new iPhone from us, we'll give you 12 months of unlimited web and Wi-Fi. It's called the O2 Web & Wi-Fi Bolt On, and you'll be able to keep it at the end of the 12 months for £10 a month if you like. We'll let you know when it's time.

Now I am absolutely mad as when I bought my iPhone from the Apple Store in Regents Street (I have bought three) this was a question I specifically asked and the answer was that you would retain the free 3G and Wifi after 12 months as long as you kept the phone topped up by £10 per month, to this I asked was this £10 call time or purely to pay for data and I was answered "Call Time". I have since asked the question again and was told the same and looked through the O2 terms and conditions and found no reference to say that I would be charged £10 per month after the first 12 months for 3G and Wifi!!!

Looks like I'll be complaining to APPLE!!!

X )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.