OS 3.0 file location?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I have a 3g iPhone and extremely slow Internet on my iMac with an alltel mobile Internet USB modem. My OS 3.0 download was almost done after 2 hours when the power went out due to a storm. I was hoping that iTunes held on to what was downloaded but it seems it has started over. I've searched with spotlight for "iPhone" and can't find the file on my computer. Does anybody know if the file is saved or if I have to start from scratch?

I want my phone updated!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2GB
If iTunes hasn't saved anything I'm afraid you're gonna have to start it over!! I suggest to start the download, go meet with friends, have fun, come back, everything will be installed, and you'll have fun again with the 3.0!! :p

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Hmm, well I tried it again but it was going 3x slower (estimated download time was 9 hours!), but it went for 3 hours before my internet lost connection.
So, I called my local apple store and they told me to update it on a different computer (at a friends house or work) with better internet. I was hoping I could do it in store. So, I'm updating it at work. The girl I spoke to told me it would not have an effect on the files on my phone. I will be pretty upset if my phone is empty!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
The girl I spoke to told me it would not have an effect on the files on my phone. I will be pretty upset if my phone is empty!

After your initial upgrade, the phone may indeed be empty, but do not fear! All you have to do is plug it back into your own computer and it will restore the data from you last backup, including all of your settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.