Macbook Magnet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
I have a Macbook AL CE and the Magnets seem have gotten really weak. I hold the laptop in an 80 degree angle and the lid pops off/opens. Has anyone had this repaired? Will they replace the screen or the magnets in the base? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Mine does that... thought it always had though

OP
walkum13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
AWESOME update....went back to the Apple store, they sent it out. It came back and they didn't even touch it. After complaining to the Genius Bar they were gonna just replace it. I asked for a new 13" MBP and I got it! WOO HOO!! Love the new screens, HUGE difference :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Lucky you, congratulations. I really want an Aluminum one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
I never noticed an issue but when you mentioned the 80 degree angle, I tried it and mine pops open. Gonna try my luck, I have the 13 inch Aluminum Macbook before the refresh to Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.