best lcd for mbp

Reaction score
hello every one i just ordered a new 15 inch macbook pro for college, going to be a computer engineer, but i was hoping to get an external monitor for some extra real estate. i was hoping for something around 22-24 inches. and i was looking at the dell s2409w but i have heard some mixed reviews.and that is why i have come to you guys. i am hoping for a decent monitor for around 200-300usd. i am mostly going to use it for photo editing(really main reason for buying it) and watching movies, but i will also be surfing the web and writing papers on it, so text needs to be nice and crisp. any help would be great.

thanks a bunch.

bret

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2GB
I surely won't be the better for advice on thise one but I might give it a try :
I obviously would tell you to buy the LED Cinema Display but as it 899$ I'm not sure that you'll be interested on this one.

I love Sony BRAVIA Displays. I have a Full HD TV at home and I can tell you that it rocked my world : colors are marvelous, it is crisp, high definition is just AMAZING. But I never tried their Displays for computers but if they are just as good as the TV I would suggest it to you a 100%!!

I probably wasn't that helpful but I gave it a shot, maybe just to put you on a way.

PS : did you get the free iPod Touch? :p

OP
I
Reaction score
well i ended up getting the 16 gig for an extra 70 as well as a free printer. not a bad deal at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I have a 15 MBP as well, the early 2008 model, and i bought a Samsung 22in, a 226BW. It's now discontinued, but they ones replacing it is the touch of color series, I highly recommend them. It really comes in handy when doing Solidworks, i'm going for mechanical engineering.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.