iPhone OS 3.0 - Duplicate Calendar Events & Contacts

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2, 17" Hi-Res Display ; iPhone 3G 2.1
Since downloading and installing iPhone OS 3.0, it seems that i have duplicates of all my contacts and calendar events on my phone but not on my computer, and ideas why, and how to fix it?

Reaction score
Since downloading and installing iPhone OS 3.0, it seems that i have duplicates of all my contacts and calendar events on my phone but not on my computer, and ideas why, and how to fix it?

I've got the same problem. Very odd.

Not found a solution yet but I suspect it will require a complete reset of the phone.

Anyone else found a solution yet?

Reaction score
Solution found at:
macosxhints.com - About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0

...and I've added some extra stuff (such as restarting phone) which seems to be necessary.

1. On the iPhone, delete the MobileMe account
2. Shut iPhone down completely.
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Restart iPhone.
5. Set up MobileMe account again and set it to sync calendars & contacts (and anything else you want)
6. iPhone will say there are existing records; state you want to MERGE data.
7. Wait for 5-10 minutes for the iPhone to pull down all data from the cloud again (until then, all your contacts, calendars, etc will appear blank).
8. Check that all now works OK.

Note: If you leave out steps 2-4, the duplicates WILL go but the phone won't sync properly afterwards!

Reaction score
Thank you. I followed your instructions and the duplicates are gone (yay!) but now all the times on the calendar on my iPhone are out by three hours. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Iphone Calendar 3 hours different

The iphone clock is different setting to the clock used. Check that the Calendar clock is set to the corect time zone. - Select Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar -> down the bottom is a section Calendars, check the Time Zone Support location is set to your city.

Reaction score
Didn't work

Solution found at:
macosxhints.com - About duplicate contacts and calendars on iPhone 3.0

...and I've added some extra stuff (such as restarting phone) which seems to be necessary.

1. On the iPhone, delete the MobileMe account
2. Shut iPhone down completely.
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Restart iPhone.
5. Set up MobileMe account again and set it to sync calendars & contacts (and anything else you want)
6. iPhone will say there are existing records; state you want to MERGE data.
7. Wait for 5-10 minutes for the iPhone to pull down all data from the cloud again (until then, all your contacts, calendars, etc will appear blank).
8. Check that all now works OK.

Note: If you leave out steps 2-4, the duplicates WILL go but the phone won't sync properly afterwards!

Tried that...wiped my entire calendar.:\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.