What is happening to my battery? What should I do?

Reaction score
My White 13 inch Macbook keeps on letting me down. It charges on its own accord. I would have the charger plugged in and the charging icon shows next to the battery. However, the light is green on the charger and every few minutes the battery percentage seems to go down.
My battery has had 14 cycles and I have already reset many times the dms thingy.
To charge it, it appears as though I have to wait until the battery is fully drained and then only after fidling with the power adapter will the orange light turn on. However, It will only charge to about 30% when the green light switches on.
What should I do? my warranty has expired.
I bought this laptop in america and am using it in the UK :S

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz Core Duo 2GB RAM
I think because you got it in the States and using it in a PAL region this is happeing. The whole power thing is PAL is different so this may affect your laptop. DO you have a converter box that you can use, or are you using one now. My only idea is for you to buy a new battery and charger (maybe not charger) and to get a converter box. Thats all I got.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
I think because you got it in the States and using it in a PAL region this is happeing. The whole power thing is PAL is different so this may affect your laptop. DO you have a converter box that you can use, or are you using one now. My only idea is for you to buy a new battery and charger (maybe not charger) and to get a converter box. Thats all I got.

OK - PAL has nothing to do with this. PAL and NTSC are video formats used in Europe and North America respectively. I think you are confusing the difference in voltage between EU and NA.

Wherever you buy your Mac, it will charge in any other country as long as you have a travel adaptor (if the plug socket is different) just like you would have for any other electrical item.

To the OP - the only thing I can suggest is trying using someone else's magsafe power adaptor and see if the same thing occurs, or see if it happens in an Apple store? If not, have you still got it under warranty?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.