IE and Outlook Express

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I know very little about Macs :)
I have a client using a Mac that was running OS 9. She said it updated to OS 10 two days ago.
Now she has 2 folders on her hard drive - Applications (OS 9) and Desktop (OS 9) that contain everything she used to use.
We are having 2 problems.
The first is this - she uses IE as her browser. When she opens IE from her (new) desktop, her favourites are all gone. When I find the IE in her Applications (OS 9) folder, and double click it, the splash screen for IE shows, but IE never opens. I need to get at her old favourites so we can import them in to the new version of IE.
Second - she used Outlook Express for her mail. She said when she first tried to open it (from the Applications (OS 9) folder) she got a message telling her she need to moved files - but she didn't write the file name or the location down. This message no longer appears and I'm not sure where to find these files.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Amber

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.