iPhone 3G S Preorder delays... and bonus

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11" (2012), Macbook Pro 15" (Early 2008), Mac Mini i5 (2012)
I ordered my 32gb black 3gs about an hour after it was announced, and expected to receive tomorrow.

I was sent the following email from Apple:

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

Thank you for your recent iPhone 3G S purchase at the Apple Online Store.

Due to a technical error, we communicated an incorrect delivery date.

We want to assure you that your iPhone 3G S will deliver on June 19th. You can
track the status of your order at <www.apple.com/orderstatus>.

We appreciate your business, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

The delivery date still read the 22nd today, so I called to find out which one is right.

After some time, I got through and was told that due to high volumes of preorders, some have been delayed, including mine.

But, and this is why I love apple so much, for the inconvenience they offered me any accessory I wanted! So I got a $130 Platronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth headset... for free!

If anyone is in the same boat, you might want to try calling ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I would have gone for a Mophie Juicepack Air myself.

Way to go Apple support!

Reaction score
Avenger,

Just wondering what shipping method apple was using to send your iphone - UPS or FEDEX, and was the tracking of your iphone through the delivery service the way you saw that your iphone would be delivered on the 22nd? I know my receipt from apple that I received in email form (about three days ago) states that I should receive mine by the 22nd and the UPS tracking system (up until yesterday) said I would have my phone early (which obviously is not the case, but the point is that it's awaiting shipment from the UPS hub in Kentucky and I expect to have it tomorrow). Any further info from you would be great, I would hate to be in the same boat and not know it until I waited all day tomorrow.

OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just got a shipping confirmation, and they're shipping it overnight via FedEx.... best part is, it's coming tomorrow now. Can't complain.

Reaction score
I guess the apple rep was going on less than perfect information? Too bad, I already told another forum of your bad news from apple, which obviously isn't the case anymore.

OP
Avenger2SER
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Confusing I know, but I still get the headset!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.