HELP - iPhoto

G

gtee

I have had my iMac G5, 20", 512 meg RAM for about a month now.
Everything has been perfect. Tomorrow - My relatives are coming here so that I can 'show-off'.
However - I need to show them a special slideshow - which has worked PERFECTLY everytime - until today.

When I click SLIDESHOW - the background music plays for about 5 seconds although no slides appear. Then the whole show stops and returns to the iPhotoo screen.

I tried updating my iPhoto 5 but when the installer tries to update - it tells me iPhoto is not installed in Applications - but it is.

I have Repaired Permissions, rebooted - but no difference.

Help, please.

OP
G

gtee

More Desperate

As nobody had replied to my query I tried re-installing iPhoto5.
Before doing so - I copied the Album from iPhoto and placed it on my HD.

After restarting after the reinstall - and copying back my Albums - I didn't have ANY photos!! All that I had was an alias for each [I didn't make any aliases]. When I double-click on an alias - I'm told that the original can't be found.

What have I done and can anything be done to recover my photos?

Thank you.

Reaction score
From what I understand, iPhoto make's an alias every time you import a picture. The orginal files are always located under the date of the import. Open up Finder then your picture folder and go in to the date folders to find the original. If there not there, then I have no idea.

OP
G

gtee

Data Rescue X

Hi Shepstyle,

Thank you for being the only one who answered my plea.
I think you were on the right track with my problem. It couldn't reteive them but it taught me a VALUABLE lesson.

I downloaded Data Rescue X at http://www.prosoftengineering.com/products/data_rescue.php
which enabled me to retreive EVERY file that had ever been deleted from my system. AMAZING.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.