How to get MMS on ATT right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
***Interweb Disclaimer*** Use/try at your own risk!! ;)

Here is what worked for me:

1) Download this file: (CLICK!) Then unzip it, and place the .ipcc file on your desktop.

2) Assuming you are using a Mac, running the latest iTunes (8.2) and have already installed iPhone 3.0 software... Quit iTunes, then open Terminal.app (~/Applications/Utilities/) and copy/paste the below command into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

then press RETURN.

Quit the terminal.

3) Open iTunes.

4) Connect the iPhone via USB.

5) Hold the Option key down while clicking the "Check for Update" button in iTunes (you know.. the one you've been clicking ALL morning long.. lol. This will bring up a Finder window navigate through.

6) Navigate in the Finder window to the "ATT_US.ipcc" file on your desktop, highlight the file, then click "Open". iTunes will inject the file into the iPhone very quickly.

7) On the iPhone.. go to Settings>General>Network> You should now have a new tab/button title "Cellular Data Network". (If not.. reboot your iPhone to make it show up).

8) Enter these settings: MUST BE EXACT CaPs MaTtEr! :)
3636945340_f6df6d6a78.jpg

9) Reboot your iPhone.

10) On the iPhone go into the Messages app. You should now see the little Camera icon that allows you to take or choose a picture to send via MMS.

11)Send a test MMS to someone... it will fail.

12) Take the SIM card out of the iPhone and put it in another NON-iPhone (we'll call it 'Phone B") AT&T phone that CAN send MMS.

13) Try to send an MMS with phone B using the iPhone's SIM. It will fail. Now make 4 or 5 phone calls over about 20 or 25 minutes with phone B still using the iPhone SIM.. Try to send another MMS with phone B.. it should work!

14) Take the iPhone SIM out of phone B, put it back in the iPhone. Now try to send an MMS... it should work now!!! if not, reboot the iPhone and try again. :D Then you'll finally have... this:

3636128981_76688b2b12.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Could you clarify the username? There's an ellipsis at the end, not sure if that's the entire username.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Could you clarify the username? There's an ellipsis at the end, not sure if that's the entire username.

Oh! Great catch Kash! sorry the username is: [email protected]

post to let me know if it worked for you.

Reaction score
Well it was going well up until it was time to send the second MMS from "Phone B" I think my problem though is that "Phone B" is a Blackberry...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Got it to work!!! So you can't use a blackberry or probably any smart phone for that matter...

Reaction score
I can't get it to work :Grimmace: HELP!

I get everything up until the Phone B part. I make 5 phone calls over 25 minutes and then try to send and MMS and it doesn't work! It's not a smart phone. It's a bootleg Samsung. Any advice?

Reaction score
odd I can send MMS on the Razzor but not the iphone. i am going back to make 4-5 calls in 20 mins

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Careful, the Republican Guards might censor or shutdown your thread for creating unrest (Hacking). ;)

Reaction score
Thats a dirty word now I think of it more as personalizing your phone to meet your personality LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Testing this out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 15" PowerBook 1.3Ghz, 1gb, 120gb hd
The username is actually supposed to be [email protected] though i don't think it actually matters if you have any info in there. Also, this is only a temporary solution because once the system rediscovers the iphone on the network, it will disable mms again. (For some reason, however, my mom's phone is able to mms with no problems.)

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The username is actually supposed to be [email protected] though i don't think it actually matters if you have any info in there. Also, this is only a temporary solution because once the system rediscovers the iphone on the network, it will disable mms again. (For some reason, however, my mom's phone is able to mms with no problems.)

I donf't believe Att is scanning and disabling iPhone MMS anymore. I have been MMSing on 3.0 for over a week with no issues whatsoever.

I will say this though. For those that can't get it to work for some reason, I have a reliable source that says Att will have MMS and Tethering working for iPhone users by the end of this month. So you won't have to wait too much longer anyway. ;)

Reaction score

Their system is on a rolling iPhone search. If you have the data plan it'll automatically change all the MMS settings on their side back to what the iPhone should have.

Longest i had it work for me in 2 days, tried it a few other times and those lasted matter of minutes. Send 1 MMS works, and then a few minutes later try and send another and it fails.

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Their system is on a rolling iPhone search. If you have the data plan it'll automatically change all the MMS settings on their side back to what the iPhone should have.

Longest i had it work for me in 2 days, tried it a few other times and those lasted matter of minutes. Send 1 MMS works, and then a few minutes later try and send another and it fails.

Possibly I wasn't clear... this has been working for me for like 8 or 9 days.

I think it's due to the fact that I am on a "Family unlimited messaging" plan. (Not all of my phones are iPhones)

Even prior to 3.0, I had MMS on my iPhone 3g (2.2...) for about 6 months working flawlessly via SwirlyMMS (app for Jailbroken units).

So the "scan" didn't effect me then nor now, as I said above, I believe this to be because of the family plan I use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.