Updated to 3.0 iPhone locked

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 3G I got a few months ago, never done anything to it but add music and movies (Not jail broken or anything), but today I updated it to 3.0 and after that finished all my phone now says is "Slide for Emergency"

When it's plugged into iTunes it is trying to connect to the store but that receives an error "We could not complete your iTunes store request. The network connection timed out"

I can get to the store, and my internet is working fine, does it need to connect to finish the update? Is that the problem? Help please!

There are no Apple stores/Genius bars where I live so I don’t know what to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Try reconnecting servers are probably in overtime. I did mine at 12:30 today
without a hitch by now they are swamped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 1.8GHz 1GB RAM, 60GB iPod Video, 30GB iPod video on loan to the better half :-)
Happened to me too

Leave it connected to the computer and you *should* get an "iphone activated" message after a period of time. Mine took about 10 mins

I *think* during the upgrade process it contacts an activation server. I suspect that it timed out whilst it tried to do this and kept retrying until it could authorise the phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.