Cannot Restore my iPod Touch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Ok so I was stupid enough to download what I thought was the ipod touch 3.0 firmware update from bittorrent and when I was trying to update it totally screwed it up so now I have this ipod connect to itunes screen which is normally supposed to appear with a black background but mine has a pink background. I've tried restoring several times and yet I still get the same message that says my iPod could not be restored error message 1604. Not sure what to do:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Since I have the phone and not the touch I can't say for sure but you should look into restoring an authentic image using DFU mode, try using the Pwnage tool to get the jailbroken 2.2 image to load on the iPod (which uses DFU mode).

OP
drumkey87
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 Macbook Air SSD
Wow I never would have thought to download the Pwnage tool I entered DFU mode with that and it restored it perfectly works fine now awesome! thanks so much!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.