iPhone 3.0 is finally out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Not impressed with the fact that you have to pay to use tethering. Does anyone know a way round this other than jailbreaking your phone?

Why are you not impressed? You have to pay to tether with all other phones and service providers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Just downloading it now that I'm home from work.

I tried around 8AM to see if it was out, but it wasn't, of course. Will post back with results of the upgrade.

Also, does any one know if this update will wipe the contents (music,vids,pics,etc)? I tried finding an answer, but couldn't.

OP
W
Reaction score
I know. And I also understand why they are charging, coz if everyone used their iPhone to tether and it didn't cost them anything 02 wouldn't be able to provide us this " fantastic" service.
I guess I just hoped that it would be a free service and that I could use my unlimited data to connect my laptop to the net.
No such thing as a free lunch I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Also, does any one know if this update will wipe the contents (music,vids,pics,etc)? I tried finding an answer, but couldn't.
Only if you are restoring. If your just updating it shouldn't erase anything.

Reaction score
It did bump all my other apps to another page and left one blank in the middle..thanks for the help everyone. No luck with MMS so far though...anyone in UK had any success with theirs?

Reaction score

Ok my two cents. download took about two hours
took so long I thought the program had stopped.
some features are not available yet "tethering" etc:
my one issue is that when Itunes opens it tells me that I have to
update my Itunes to 8.2, which I already have, anyone think this
is a busy server problem, I hope!!!
I did see that its the new firmware
which means on Fri we can jailbreak\unlock, if we so desire
when ultrasn0w is released..
ps. is there a way to install an older version of Itunes say 8.1?
Best

kj0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | iMac | iPhone | iPod | eMac
HEy,

Mine was pretty painless, Apart from getting on to the server whilst everyone else was on. Then the blank page.

I opened up msg's and it instantly said "You need to put in your number to get MMS - Click Settings" Done. However, I recieved a photo from my mate and it came up with his number with Country Code without distinguishing that it was from him.

I am interested in finding out how I can use it as my Modem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Took about 30 min and updated without problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
At the moments my iPhone 3G with OS 3.0 is having serious texting issues, I'm not receiving them until about 45mins after they are sent. I'm on hold to Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
It did bump all my other apps to another page and left one blank in the middle..thanks for the help everyone. No luck with MMS so far though...anyone in UK had any success with theirs?

Exactly the same thing happened to me

If you are on Pay&Go you need to change the APN in System>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>Cellular Data and in MMS to payandgo.o2.co.uk

If you are on a contract then you just need to check that these settings are already be set to idata.o2.co.uk

For both contract and Pay&Go you then need to send a text message to 1010 with the word "MMS" in it and O2 will setup Picture Messaging for you and send you a picture when it's done.

HTH

Reaction score
painless update for me....took about half an hour....aside from my phone not connecting to iTunes over 3G for about an hour, everything else is working fine!

still dreaming of MMS and tethering....maybe i'll just move to UK and have it all now!! hahahaha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.