What is a good, safe, and free antivirus for macs?

Reaction score
I want to know a good, safe, and free antivirus program for macs please.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You're probably not going to need one unless you do one of the following: open attachments from people you don't know, use pirated software, click popups and links to places that are sketchy and/or network with Windows machines (not that a Windows machine will give you a virus but Windows viruses can be transmitted through Macs).

From what I know, clamxav is more for checking for Windows viruses to make sure that they are not passed on to other Windows users. To quote their website, "Firstly, there's no guarantee that we Mac users will continue to enjoy the status quo, but more importantly, the majority of the computing world use machines running MS Windows, for which an enormous quantity of viruses exist, so we must be vigilant in checking the files we pass on to our friends and colleagues etc."

OP
E
Reaction score
I was searching for lyrics online and i went to a site that gave me a few popups so i was wondering if i needed antivirus.

Reaction score
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

honestly apart from raising your posts number this thread is pretty pointless. So thx m8 :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.