Problem With Spaces

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I bought a 13" MBP today and transferred everything over from my G5 iMac using Migration Assistant. I have all my Adobe applications assigned to Space 2 and everything else like iTunes, Firefox etc assigned to Space 1.
When I'm in Space 1 and I want to go to Photoshop, I have to click the Photoshop icon in my Dock once to get the program in my menu bar and then again to switch to Space 2. That's annoying, but ok. Command+tab does the same thing.
Flash on the other hand will only put "Flash" into the menu bar and no matter how many times I click the icon in my Dock, it won't switch to Space 2.
I haven't tested any other programs yet since these are the two I'm using at the moment.
I have "When switching to an application, switch to a space with open windows for the application" checked in System preferences... aside from that, I don't know what to do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'm not sure I fully understand, but here goes my help:

If you won't be using more than 2 spaces, remove the other 2 spaces in Preferences using -row and -column, depending on if you want to move to the next space by left/right or up/down. I chose up/down. This will now give you 2 spaces to be chosen, 1 being above 2, of course.

To move to your spaces, assign ⌘+↓ and ↑ as commands to switch.

To make things even easier, Apple was so cool as to have a feature in the OS that will open up programs in the same exact position as they were when previously opened. To take advantage of that, go to space 2 and open your Adobe programs, and place the windows where you feel is most comfortable. ⌘+Q to quit the program. Now, whenever you open one of your Adobe programs, you will automatically be switched to Space 2 (if not already in space 2), and the program will be opened in the last spot it was previously opened.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.