Merge Audio and video

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kooBcaM 13"
Hey I am trying to connect my mac mini to my TV. I would like to have my audio and video go through HDMI (I have no access to my ports anymore as the TV ius in the wall- i have two male HDMI cables coming out of the wall on the bottom so I need everything to go through there).

I found this on eBay
DVI + Audio to HDMI Converter Adapter HDCP for PC Mac - eBay (item 380128979467 end time Jul-04-09 03:56:40 PDT)

Does anybody know what i need to do to connect my intel mac mini to the HDMI if i have one of these from eBay?

What other cables would i need (toslink?) please be very specific as i am new to this.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only reservation I would have about buying that particular device is if it can be used to get audio to your TV. It certainly will transfer video, but I don't believe you'll get an audio output. What year model Mac Mini do you have? The newer Mini has both a Mini Display Port output and mini DVI output; both are video output only.

Your Mac Mini has a headphone output jack which is used for audio output. The audio signal as far as I know will have to be taken from the headphone output jack and input to your TV. That device has a Toslink input and output and Coaxial input and output - neither of which you can use from your Mini to get audio to the TV. The DVI input and HDMI output are OK but they're video only.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kooBcaM 13"
I do not have the newer Mac mini- I only have a dvi connection and vga adaptor that comes with it. i need something that transfers both audio and video signals to the hdmi output.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That one will work, but note that it has a VGA input so you will need a mini DVI adapter to VGA in addition to the box.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.