Burning CD's???

Reaction score
Im having trouble burning CDS using the finder.

I drag the file that I want on to the disk and then I get a messege to tell me the disk can not be modified.

What do I do??

Or is there any free app I can get for this???

I knwo theres toast but its a bit steep for me because I've just bought MS OFFICE, iBook and iPod

:yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
try clicking on it, then get info and make sure under ownership that it says read & write, click details also, make sure it says read and write. Im pretty sure there are any free apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
Just a thought - are you sure you're writing onto a blank, recordable CD? Not one which has already been written on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea, if its blank, it asks you to name it first.

OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions

Its a CD-RW that has been used before, there is still room on it and writing has not being finalized. I think Ill check version tracker for an app.... or something!

Thanks

X

xthisisRomancex

was the CD-RW locked after it was burned last?? this would prevent read/write privilages for ever.

M

maverick2k

I just tried dwonload.com and there ain't any free software available. There is a software called disc blaze but it is only for some days use as a fully functional demo. am still searching.

Please inform if you guys come across some free software.Cheerio...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so this HAS to be a freeware app? thats sorta hard, though you can use disk utility in the utilities folder to erase it, and you can burn most things using disk utility, and its free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.