Black Mac to HDTV

Reaction score
So Im sure this has been asked before but Id like to just make sure I know what I need before I head out to the store.

I just bought a 32" HDTV, and Im wondering which cables Il need to connect it to my black mac.

From what I currently understand Il need a mini dvi to HDMI cord, and then some sort of audio Y cable for sound.

Is this correct?

Ps & Tys

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You'll need a mini DVI to HDMI adapter: see this Link and a HDMI cable to connect to the TV input.

The audio can be tricky. The headphone output jack on your Black MacBook supplies stereo audio - Depending on the audio settings for the TV, you can try a mini cable from the headphone output which terminates in two audio outputs. (Left and Right stereo.)

Some TV sets assume the sound will be carried via the main cable (HDMI) so you may have to go into your TV setup menu and make sure you select the correct sound source. Otherwise you may not have sound. Check the manual for the TV to make sure.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kooBcaM 13"
Is there any way to merge the audio and video onto an HDMI cable? (I have a mac mini with DVI)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.