How to tell if mac book pro will run pro tools and mbox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey all. i am new here and i joined to specifically have this question answered. i recently bought a macbook pro. i am not sure of the year it was made. it is aluminum colored though. i want to buy pro tools and the mbox 2 but i am not sure if it is compatible or not. it says you need firewire ports and my computer does have 2 but i am not sure if they are the right ones! any and all help would be appriecated. sorry if this was asked before but i couldnt find any answers.

steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Macbook/3 GB RAM/160 GB HD
I'm pretty sure you'll be OK if you plan to do more post-editing than live recording... isn't there a USB connection on the back of the Mbox 2? The reason why Firewire is recommended is because that protocol can sustain a higher rate of transfer vs. USB, which is almost essential if you want to record at 24-bit/96kHz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If it's a MacBook Pro, then yes it will run it.
My PowerBook G4 ran it just fine, so there really shouldn't be any reason why a MBP wouldn't do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Your MBP will most definitely run it fine. That's a perfect set-up if you ask me!
make sure you eventually will want to get an external harddrive. You'll want to keep all those projects on the external, or your computer will run very hot and hard. Best of luck. Protools is the best out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.