Sudden Battery Charge Diminished & Fan Constantly Running

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM MAC OS 10.5.6
Hey there - I have two issues actually. No particular order as far as severity is concerned. The first is my battery life. I have a Macbook and since the last Mac OS upgrade I have noticed that my battery will only charge to two hours. I used to get 4 - 5 hours of a charge. Any ideas?

My second issue is my fan is constantly running. even when I shutdown all of the programs. I went to the activity monitor and there does not appera to be anything running excessively. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro with Retina Display: Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB, 256GB, Mountain Lion
OP
kgrooney
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update on Fan Roaring & Battery

I wanted to update everyone or anyone, regarding my very first trip to the Genius Support.
Firstly, I got the impression that they did not want to hear what I had to say. Very dismissive of my complaints. As soon as I told the tech that I was using a widget to measure the temp and fan rpms he immediately said that he can't speak to that since it is not an Apple product. Secondly, he does the check; Battery and some other diagnostics and of course finds nothing. Now mind you, I am telling him about the fan roaring and the intense heat and he continues to go on about how the battery checks out fine. I am very disappointed with Apple. My first encounter left a bad taste in my mouth. Needless to say, I have an appointment on Monday for a full diagnostic review.

OP
kgrooney
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
**UPDATE** Battery Drain and Temp

Hello Gang:

I told you all that I would bring my Macbook back to the Genius' [?] at the Apple store. They had it from Monda 11 am to Fiday 8 pm. They changed the "Logic Board", why, I do not know. I was just so happy to have it back. Well, I booted her up, and sure as s***, it is still running at 150-160 degrees f. I was livid. I started to search the entire computer for the proble. Guess what? I had two print jobs waiting for my IP 90 Canon. As soon as I deleted it the RPMs ran doen to 1700 and the temp went down to 120 degrees.

Also, since I got my Macbook back the battery capacity is crap. Full charge capacity (mAh): 3871. Befoe those Genius' got it this number was 4200. Is there any way to increase the capacity? Also, if I were to buy a new replacement battery, which brand and model shall I get?

Thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.