Recommend a good compact flash reader for my express card slot

Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to add a compact flash card reader to my macbook pro 17. Is there one that matches my aluminum body look? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 512 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce 9600M; iPhone 3Gs 32GB
Hi!

I would like to add a compact flash card reader to my macbook pro 17. Is there one that matches my aluminum body look? Thanks!

I ordered the Belkin Media Reader-Writer ExpressCard Adapter on the Apple Store site. It sits flush in the ExpressCard slot, which I like. It also works with a variety of cards.

Here is the link:
Belkin Media Reader-Writer ExpressCard Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

If you like this, you may be able to find it cheaper than the Apple store, but I posted the link so you could see the reviews. Hope this helps.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank MsMelissa!

This is perfect! I like how I can read multiple cards too! Do you have any problems with ejecting it when not in use?

OP
S
Reaction score
Does this stick all the way into the express slot? Or does it stick out a bit? The compact flash cards are larger than the express card slot so I would think it sticks out a bit for the card right?

How much of the adapter sticks out from the express card slot?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz C2D, 4GB RAM, 320GB HD, 512 VRAM NVIDIA GeForce 9600M; iPhone 3Gs 32GB
I got mine today. It didn't work with that SD card. I don't know if I have a dud or not. Talked to Belkin tech support. Not really helpful. May be sending it back. Sorry. I thought I had a great solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.