mighty mouse problem please help!

Reaction score
basically my mighty mouse(wired) has decided that the middle button will control the left and right hand click! its a pain!i have no idea how to fix it i took the mouse apart cleaned the sensor reset the pram all to no avail....

really need some help!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried going into System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, and resetting the middle button for the MM?

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for the reply

yeah I have and if i try to reset it the whole mouse does what i changed it too so for example if i changed the middle button to dashboard all the buttons become assigned to dashboard. Actually i should mention that the side buttons still work just not the primary and secondary buttons which seem to have been taken over by the middle button.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Might be time to retire the MM. I retired mine long ago because of the tendency for the roller button to gather and track dirt into the unit. I purchased an inexpensive Logitech mouse at Wal-Mart and have been using it ever since. Works great.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.