Stupid Scanner + Photoshop died!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Today I decided to plug in my HP Scanjet 4670 scanner(which I've always had problems with––Windows, Linux, Mac). After I had problems on all three OSes, I originally decided just not to use it. However, today, I figured I'd give it a try. It had the same problems, and then I uninstalled it.

Everything went smoothly until I opened up photoshop to do some graphic editing. Everytime I would go File>open, select the file, and then click open it would just hang on me(gave me a little wrist watch, then spinning beach ball). As well, If I go File>New and try to create a new document, same thing.
I tried re-installing Photoshop. However, it seems everything that I install from the disc appears to not work! (For ex. when I go into the disk, and click the read me(.txt) TextEdit hangs as well. However, all other files associated with text edit(.txt) work fine. Realizing this, I doubted that a fresh install of Photoshop would do anything. I was correct. It did nothing to solve the problems!

Can you assist me with this!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Id recommend using vuescan with that scanner instead of its main drivers which seem to be causing some conflicts or something, also0, hve you tried the basics? delete photoshops prefs, repair permissions, reset pram?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't looked into Vuescan, as I already put the scanner in the closet... and now I just want photoshop back

Yes, before I completeley trashed everything with photoshop, I repaired permissions, trashed prefs..etc

Nothing seems to be solving it..
I sent an email to my uncle(who happens to be a VP at Adobe) about this, so hopefully I have an answer to share with the community soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
cool. also ask him when theyre coming out with a version of adobe premiere pro for mac.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
cool. also ask him when theyre coming out with a version of adobe premiere pro for mac.

lol..."If I told you, I'd have to kill you."

*007 music randomly starts playing*

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay, strangely enough..tried reinstalling photoshop again...perfect

It works

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.