• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A project to pass the time?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
as for a Job work is scarce here so no such luck.... i have found online shopping is a good past time...
Unfortunately, the latter requires the former for you to continue ;).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
interesting ideas people... as for a Job work is scarce here so no such luck.... i

Really? No grocery stores, fast food joints, malls, paper routes? Man, when I was 16, I would have worked anywhere. I bagged groceries part time for a year to buy my first (used) Amiga 2000.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I bagged groceries part time for a year to buy my first (used) Amiga 2000.
Amiga 2000? Is that like those vinyl records or betamax devices I keep hearing about in history textbooks? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hey I have an idea! Get out of the house and off the computer. Hike! Swim! Bike!

There is TONS of stuff you can do outdoors. To be honest, it's much more fun than sitting inside learning how to program stuff! Last year I learned to water ski with the help of my uncle, and it was incredibly fun. I now look forward to heading upstate to do it! Doing stuff outside like that is really fun, especially with a friend or relative. It lets you bond. It also gives you something to look forward to doing next summer!

I have a few things I look forward to doing this summer.

Some of them being:

Swim in the moonlight at Lake Champlain

Cliff Diving

Rowboat to island in Lake Champlain

White water rafting with best friend and dad

Meeting a friend from New York City @ County Fair

Take train [alone] up to Lake Champlain.

Water skiing!

Walking train tracks @ Lake Champlain

Swimming

Swimming in Lake Champlain

Snorkeling in Lake Champlain

Photographing Lake Champlain

Waking up early some morning to watch sunrise at Lake Champlain

Camp next to railroad tracks with dad at Lake Champlain

Bond with grandfather.

Get hammock

Nap in hammock!

Take train ride in awesome little train along Rondout River with dad

Hike a big hill at Lake Champlain

Hop a freight train in Kingston

Get started with band

I love using my mac and stuff like that don't get me wrong, but taking advantage of the beautiful weather outside is much more fun. I know when I'm old enough to work, I'll be saving up for a nice pair of water ski's, or maybe a nice new mountain bike. So really what I'm saying is, get out! go enjoy the weather while it lasts. Get a hobby like water skiing, surfing, fishing, biking, hiking, going on adventures. You can't do all this stuff in the winter.

On another note, Thursday is my last day of school. 8th grade next year!

James

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Amiga 2000? Is that like those vinyl records or betamax devices I keep hearing about in history textbooks? :p

More like Betamax. A superior technology compromised by poor marketing and incredibly inept management.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Really? No grocery stores, fast food joints, malls, paper routes?
I've been on unemployment since october, man it sucks. I really want a job but you basically have to knife fight to the death just to get a employer to call you back after putting in a app.

T

todd51

I've been on unemployment since october, man it sucks. I really want a job but you basically have to knife fight to the death just to get a employer to call you back after putting in a app.

Yea I was lucky enough to get a temporary position turn full-time. I think I'll stick with it for a while and continue to take some classes to keep busy.

You really have to be persistant after filling out an application. Keep bugging them until they really turn you down!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4
Well school has just finished for me and im facing a 12 week summer holiday... need something to keep me occupied.... suggestions?

There is an old MSDOS game called 'Empire'.

Ascii character graphics.. very simple..

Incredibly fun.

Port it to the iTouch. ( assuming it hasn't been done already )

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Hey I have an idea! Get out of the house and off the computer. Hike! Swim! Bike!

There is TONS of stuff you can do outdoors. To be honest, it's much more fun than sitting inside learning how to program stuff! Last year I learned to water ski with the help of my uncle, and it was incredibly fun. I now look forward to heading upstate to do it! Doing stuff outside like that is really fun, especially with a friend or relative. It lets you bond. It also gives you something to look forward to doing next summer!

I have a few things I look forward to doing this summer.

Some of them being:

Swim in the moonlight at Lake Champlain

Cliff Diving

Rowboat to island in Lake Champlain

White water rafting with best friend and dad

Meeting a friend from New York City @ County Fair

Take train [alone] up to Lake Champlain.

Water skiing!

Walking train tracks @ Lake Champlain

Swimming

Swimming in Lake Champlain

Snorkeling in Lake Champlain

Photographing Lake Champlain

Waking up early some morning to watch sunrise at Lake Champlain

Camp next to railroad tracks with dad at Lake Champlain

Bond with grandfather.

Get hammock

Nap in hammock!

Take train ride in awesome little train along Rondout River with dad

Hike a big hill at Lake Champlain

Hop a freight train in Kingston

Get started with band

I love using my mac and stuff like that don't get me wrong, but taking advantage of the beautiful weather outside is much more fun. I know when I'm old enough to work, I'll be saving up for a nice pair of water ski's, or maybe a nice new mountain bike. So really what I'm saying is, get out! go enjoy the weather while it lasts. Get a hobby like water skiing, surfing, fishing, biking, hiking, going on adventures. You can't do all this stuff in the winter.

On another note, Thursday is my last day of school. 8th grade next year!

James

good advice

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
learn guitar, piano.
become an ebay powerseller.
make funny youtube videos
write songs

Reaction score
I spend my summers travelling around the UK going to lots of Mini shows! Camping for the whole weekend, so I get to see far too much sun and not enough shade!

Normally take this little one:

reggiecastle.png

But next year, I'll unleash this one! :)

vanpallets.png

frankieback-2.png

Get out and about and find something you're interested in! Everything's out there and everything's possible! You'll meet loads of new and interesting people, too!

Good luck!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.