Remote Access?

M

menace3054

I am going out of town tomorrow, and as always, i am taking my powerbook with me. If i leave my powermac on while im out of town, can i access it from my powerbook? I know windows xp pro has remote desktop, does os x? thanks for your help

OP
M

menace3054

any ideas? im about to hit the sack, and my flight is first thing in the am.

OP
M

menace3054

lol i dont need 10 user client! i only need it for me! it should be like, 299/10= 29.99 then

OP
D

dstyrk

menace3054 said:
lol i dont need 10 user client! i only need it for me! it should be like, 299/10= 29.99 then

I read it as meaning you could "manage" up to 10 clients with "1" $300 Admin account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Google for VNC. It's free, and works on any OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
www.realvnc.com

There is a Mac client called Chicken of the VNC. I've not used a Mac VNC server but I think it's possible.

It's a stunner. You need to open a port in your firewall, I think it's 6346 of the top of my head, but google to check.

OP
D

d-funct

I use the vnc server on my g5 and it works a treat the port that need to be open is 5900 for the client to connect (make sure you route it though the firewall/router as well) or port 5800 which is the java component and will let you connect though a browser btw its important to know your ip address ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.